Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Sample #1

Please feel free to copy and paste these samples and or change them to suit your needs!



This daycare is a State and City licensed daycare home. I meet with safety, health and nutritional standards. Taking care of children is my choice of professions. I enjoy caring for kids and watching them grow and become attached to the other children in my care.

I depend on this income as you depend on your and would prefer to have children that are here on a consistent basis. This also helps me to provide a substitute on occasions when it is necessary for me to be gone for short periods of time, or if I become sick. Please understand that you will need to have a back-up sitter in case of emergency and I am not able to watch your children.

Days and Hours: Monday through Friday, open at 7:30 am and close at 6:00 pm. If something occurs, please notify me if you are not going to be here or if your child will be late.

I provide breakfast, lunch and snacks at no extra charge to you. I belong to the Child Care Food Program and they reimburse me for meals that are served to your child (ren). They also set time limits as to when I can and cannot feed the children. Breakfast is from 8:00 - 8:30, morning snack is from 10:15 - 10:30, lunch is from 12:00 - 12:30, afternoon snack is from 3:30 - 3:45. If your child will not be here during those times please make sure they have had their meals. Do NOT let your child bring ANY food unless it is an extra snack on his or her birthday and there is enough for all the children. No gum or hard candy. They will be taken away.

Safety: My first concern is for the safety and well being of the children. I have locked cabinets, safety locks, socket covers, safety gates, smoke detectors/fire extinguishers, and hold fire drills with the kids. The yard is fenced -- keep the gate locked at all times. This is for the safety of your child (ren) as well as other kids under my care. The kids are not allowed outside the fence or outside my front door unless you are with them. Please do not have your child (ren) go outside the door (not even to your vehicle) without you. For their safety and the safety of other kids, no gum, hard candy, small toys, etc. are allowed in my daycare.

It is impossible to assure that no child will ever be injured in childcare; however, I do attempt to keep the children as safe as possible. If any accident or emergency does occur, you will cover the expense.

Illness: The State Law states that you provide documentation of your child's immunization with-in 14 days of attendance (see Daycare Immunization Law). I am not to take sick or contagious children. I believe the child (ren) is contagious or sick the day before they show signs of any illness, so I feel you should use good judgment in bringing your child to daycare. Please keep them home if they are throwing up or have a high fever. If your child (ren) become sick during they day, you will be expected to pick them up. It is not fair to the other families, including mine, to have sick children in daycare.

Medication: No medication will be administered without consent (see registration form). Furnish me with a note for the prescribed medication on the times to be given. Please do not leave medication in the diaper bag or on the counter. Make sure I get it.

Supplies: (that can be left here). Diapers, baby wipes, potty training diapers, blanket for nap, Tylenol, toothbrush, change of clothes. Please mark your child's name on all supplies. Bring child appropriately dressed for the day in play clothes. Bring extra clothes for a change in weather.

Discipline: I maintain certain rules in my daycare: i.e.., no running, no jumping on furniture etc. If discipline becomes a problem, I will ask you to remove your child (ren) from my daycare. I feel discipline is necessary in childcare and forms of discipline will be discussed with you and your methods of discipline will be placed on the registration form.

Vacations and Time-out: If you are going to be out for any reason, please let me know ahead of time. If you are going to be out for vacation, let me know at least four weeks in advance. Because this is my sole source of income I will charge you for vacation the first year your child is with my daycare. After that, I will not charge you for one week of vacation time. If you take more than one week vacation, you will pay whether your child (ren) is here or not. I am closed most legal holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day - If Independence, Christmas or Thanksgiving fall on a Thursday, I will also be closed the following Friday. I will refer you to other providers for my absences.

Rates: I have weekly rates, not daily. You are charged even if your child is not here, with the exception of my vacation time. You are also charged for legal holidays that I am closed.

Extra Charges: You will pay for all activities. There is a charge of $5.00 every five minutes you are late picking up your child, to be paid that Friday with normal payment. A $5.00 per day will be charged for late payments. A $15.00 fee will be charged on returned checks and only cash will be accepted thereafter, and you will pay all my fees if it causes me to have bounced checks. Accounts that are 30 days late will be sent to collection. There will be a yearly review of all charges and a small rate increase every October.

Payment: Payment is due n Fridays for the following week (see Registration Form). I require that you pay in advance. If you are not going to be here, please pay on Thursday. I also require a two week notice prior to removal of your child (three week notice if more than one child) from daycare for which payment will be made.

I am looking forward to a good working relationship with all my children and their parents. I hope if you have any questions, you feel free to ask and I will do my best to work with you and make your child's experience in my child care a happy one.

I have read and understand these policies.

Parent Signature: __________________________________Date______________________

No comments:

Post a Comment